Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My wana-be french braids!!

For some reason I can not perfect the french braid, I can handle just the top, but not all the way down the back so this is the next best thing I've found. All you do is part the hair down the middle all the way down. Do as many ponies as you would like all the way down one side, then do the same on the other matching up where you parted each pony.
Then I just made messy ponies at the bottom using all the hair left over on each side.
With the ribbon I actually used a really big sewing needle. Depending on the size of your ribbin you could probibly use a much smaller one. I started at the bottom of one side and just threaded the needle/ribbon through one wrap of the elastic, then worked my way up through every other elastic on every other side. Then I tied the ribbons together making a bow. I am not crazy about the bow, so if you have any other ideas for the ends of the ribbon please let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way cute Steph! Thanks for making a post! I've actually never done these- I better get a sewing needle!

Kenton Anderson said...

I did my daughters hair like this today for church. Almost everyone, even some of my friend’s husbands, thought it was pretty amazing. I have done this hair do for several years; I just have never added the criss cross ribbon. It’s a keeper. Thanks, Jeanette from NC

Kelli said...

I found your site through a friend's blog and I just have to tell you that it is truly a heaven-send!! I'm getting so tired of always doing the same old thing with my daughter's hair and I have looked all over the internet for ideas but couldn't find anything with the kind of style that I like. But your ideas are so creative and fun and I am having a blast with these fun do's. Keep 'em coming!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!