Friday, June 6, 2008

Low Side Messy Bun

OK, hopefully 7 pictures will help explain this one! This is actually my favorite style right now. I see it all the time, even on teenagers with a flower up front-. Each picture is a new elastic, but her hair is really thick! If you're working with thin hair, you could probably get away with 3 elastics. Start out with a regular pony. Add another looped upside down with the end sticking out up top. Use another elastic to do another loop half way over the last one (so it ends up cutting the last loop in half). Keep adding elastics looped half over the last one until it's a big mess! Tug, pull, rat until it's how you like it and hair spray like crazy!! Finish by curling the top straight pieces so they curl over top of the bun-. These can be used in many different styles, so from now on we'll just say finish with "messy buns"!!

1 comment:

Head Over Hills said...

I love your blog. Thanks for taking the time to share the ideas. I did the wanna be french braids with messy buns on my oldest daughter today. It turned out so cute!! Thanks! Can I add you to my favorites?