1- My sister use to set her daughter on the edge of the bathroom sink and turn on the water just a little and let her splash her feet in it (before you get her completely dressed of course!)
2- I know one mom who kept a little jar of playdough in the bathroom that was only used when fixing hair. -I'm OK with that as long as it didn't end up IN the hair :)
3- Do her hair in the high-chair while eating breakfast (or playing with toys).
4- Pull out a bottle of lotion that is almost gone.5- Keep a box of braceletts, watches etc. to play with.
Last, know exactly what you are going to do before you even touch her hair! They are usually not very forgiving if you want to start over :)
7 comments:
I have a squirt bottle in the bathroom and let my little girl spray the mirror while I do her hair. Of course she is not dressed yet just incase she decides to soak herself.
I have been lurking, and just want to say I LOVE your ideas!! :D I have 2 little girls, my oldest is just about to turn 2...these are great hairdos and I can't wait to try some out on her!
Today was school pictures. I tried the "snake buns" on Grace and a kind of messy bun on Megan. You can see on my blog. Megan's hair is a little difficult, being Asian hair. I need more practice.
This may sound so crazy, but could you tell us, or take a picture of your combs, brushes and what you use to make the parts so perfect? I have a hard time with straight parts.
Sweet! I'm new to your blog, this post caught my eye and so I read this first. It was so totally what I needed to read for my kindergartner! Thanks and keep up the great work!
I tell my 2 year old to look at a picture on the wall and tell me about it. I be sure to ask lots of questions about it to her so I have enough time to finish before she moves her head. It works almost every time but just make sure you change it up or they will get bored!
I am new to your blog, but wanted to share my idea any way...I have 2 girls, and to get them to sit still, I do hair in the living room. I sit on the couch and they sit on the floor, then they can watch cartoons and I can do hair in piece.
My mother and sister would yank my hair every time I moved until I held still so they would stop yanking.
Post a Comment